Entries by Utenza Editor

On Line World Master is now open!

On January 14 the World Master Online officially started, now in its sixth edition, and in few days the Chinese edition will open as well the doors to its second edition. We are very proud to have collected a total of 63 participants from 24 different countries for both courses with the entry for the […]

WHO rehabilitation task force: Isico is also there

Isico has been appointed part of an international project promoted by WHO (World Health Organization) which aims to draw up rehabilitation guidelines for all countries, including those in the developing world, available to all Ministries of Health. These rehabilitation guidelines need to be applicable in any context, taking into account the economic means and therapeutic […]

The Influence of Lumbar Modifiers on Functional and Radiological Outcomes in the Brace Treatment of Lenke Type 1 Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis

Every year, the Italian Scoliosis Study Group selects the best published papers on conservative spine treatment from the global scientific literature.Here is the abstract from one of these papers.  The Influence of Lumbar Modifiers on Functional and Radiological Outcomes in the Brace Treatment of Lenke Type 1 Adolescent Idiopathic ScoliosisAlkan Bayrak, Altug Duramaz, Alican Koluman, Burak Belen , Vedat Öztürk PMID: 33233010 DOI: 10.1055/a-1269-0000 Abstract Background Brace […]

Scoliosis and posture: the two go hand in hand

Let us start with one thing we know for sure: idiopathic scoliosis is not a postural complaint, but rather a progressive spinal disorder that causes three-dimensional deformation of the vertebrae. Although it is still not clear exactly why scoliosis occurs, its progression is known to be due, in part, to the force of gravity (i.e., […]

Scoliosis: is aesthetics measurable?

When it comes to scoliosis therapy, aesthetics is one of the goals along with a healthy back. Aesthetic deformity due to scoliosis and its impact on the patient is considered by the members of SOSORT (International Society On Scoliosis Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Treatment) as the most important reason for treating AIS; unfortunately, only a few of scoliosis […]

Flat feet and Scoliosis

Scoliosis is a complex structural deformity of the dorsal spine in all three planes of space. Frontally, scoliosis is identified as a lateral bending of the spine, from the side (sagittal view) as an alteration of the spine’s physiological kyphosis and lordosis (i.e. natural curves, which can appear reversed), and axially as a rotation of […]

Merry Christmas and Happy New 2021

It is going to be a strange Christmas and New Year, different from any other. So, as we reach the end of 2020, we send you not only our sincerest greetings, but also a story of hope, trust and new life. Here Rossella, a former patient recalls the end of her treatment.  “You can never […]

SEAS in adults

Over the past 13 years or more, we have published dozens of posts and thousands of comments on our blog dedicated to scoliosis.The Isico blog is a dedicated space where patients can ask questions and swap experiences, but it is also a place where those involved in treating scoliosis can take a more in-depth look […]

Impact of growth hormone treatment on scoliosis development and progression: analysis of 1128 patients with idiopathic short stature

Every year, the Italian Scoliosis Study Group selects the best published papers on conservative spine treatment from the global scientific literature.Here is the abstract from one of these papers.  Impact of growth hormone treatment on scoliosis development and progression: analysis of 1128 patients with idiopathic short statureSe-Jun Park , Keun-Ho Lee , Chong-Suh Lee , Ki-Tack Kim , Jun Hyuk Jang , Dae Hun Shin , Min Sun Kim , Jiyeon Kim , Sung […]

What is secondary scoliosis?

Scoliosis: idiopathic or secondary? Let’s look at the difference. Scoliosis, defined as a “three-dimensional deformity of the spine”, affects 3% of the population overall, and in 80% of cases its origin is not known.  In these cases, it is therefore termed idiopathic. In the other 20% of cases, on the other hand, the cause of […]